SILO Compliance Ltd.
Last Updated: 17 May 2022
- Communicate with us electronically, such as via email; or
- Interact with us offline, including in person, at an event or via phone.
Certain SILO services or subsidiaries may use different privacy policies to provide notice to you about how your Personal Information is used and disclosed.
For example, we may collect:
Direct Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, phone number, e-mail address, IP address, online identifiers, account names, associated passwords, social media profiles and other similar identifiers. We may collect this information to verify your identity and information, to communicate with you for marketing purposes and/or to create your SILO User Account (“Account”) to facilitate your use of our Sites.
Professional and Employment-Related Information, such as your current and former employment, professional degrees and certifications, education background, information about references you list on any application forms, and any other employment-related information. We may collect this information to process and manage your profile when you subscribe to our newsletter or marketing events.
Commercial Information, such as products and services purchased from us. We may collect this information to conduct business analytics in order to improve our products and services.
Internet Activity Information, such as your browsing history on our Sites, specifically which pages you visit on the Sites, and which browser you used to view our Sites. See more information in the section “Cookies and Other Technologies” below. We may collect this information to understand your use of the Sites and, if you have a SILO User Account with us, your use of the SILO User Account.
Profile Information, such as information about your preferences and characteristics. We may collect this information in order to understand how our products and services and communicates can be enhanced to better serve you. In addition to the purposes for collection described above, we also may collect each category of information for the purpose of performing services for you and maintain our relationship with you, which include:
- Maintaining and servicing your Account, including managing your preferences.
- Taking steps to improve our services to you, including to run analytics, improve any technology, assess the quality of our services, and for other related internal business purposes.
- Administering and improving our Sites, including to measure the effectiveness of the Sites, diagnosing problems with our server, analyzing where Site traffic is coming from, and to identify our Site users.
- Communicating with you to personalize your experience with us and improve our understanding of your needs, and to respond to inquiries you send to us.
- Sending you messages promoting our products and services. You may opt out of receiving certain promotional e-mail messages from us as described in the “Marketing Opt-Out” section below.
- Complying with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising and/or defending legal claims.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information We may share your Personal information in the following circumstances: We may share your Personal Information with companies or individuals that we contract with to receive services (our “Service Providers”). These services may include, among other things, providing products or services to you on our behalf, creating or maintaining our databases, payment processing, researching, and analyzing the people who request information from us, preparing distribution communications or responding to inquiries.
- We may share your Personal Information with companies that we own or control.
- We may share your Personal Information with companies or individuals outside of SILO who may use your Personal Information for their own purposes (a “Third Party”). For example:
- If you choose to submit Personal Information by providing a testimonial or link on our website to your own sites.
- If we are required to provide Personal Information to a Third Party in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law or legal process.
- If we, in good faith, believe you or others are acting unlawfully and (i) believe it is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request; (ii) need to protect our business and Sites properly, (iii) we believe disclosure is necessary to protect our personnel, clients, guests, or the general public.
We may also use web beacons (a.k.a clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags) to personalise your experience on the Sites, to generate information about Site traffic and trends, and to verify your viewing and/or receipt of communications. Web beacons collect information automatically, such as the type of browser that you use and your IP address. Web beacons may be used alone or in conjunction with cookies. When web beacons are used with cookies, they may link this information to other Personal Information that you have provided to us. Web beacons usually are not visible to you.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behaviour tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many digital service operators, including SILO, may not recognize or respond to DNT signals.
Marketing Opt-Out If you would like to opt out of receiving promotional or marketing e-mail from us, you may use the “unsubscribe” mechanism included in each marketing message. Alternatively, you may let us know by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with REMOVE in the subject line and stating the e-email address that you wish to be removed from our mailing list. If you are a SILO user or licensee, your unsubscribing from marketing communications will not preclude us from corresponding with you by email regarding user or licensee information (for example, new features, invoices, training videos or other communications).
Children’s Privacy We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13. If SILO learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted Personal Information, we will take all reasonable measure to delete the information as soon as it is brought to our attention. If you believe a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.